Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ninja Secrets REVEALED: Part 1

Nathan has always been a good sleeper, but as of the last 6 months, he's been quite the night owl. He still sleeps, mind you, just not at a "normal" time. Nathan will spend his "unsleeping" time drawing. He likes to show me his "inventions" or will tell me how he wants his "drawings to come to life". He says that quite frequently. I think animation is what he's going for, so I tell him that he can work on videogames when he goes to "robot school" (aka college) and that will bring his drawings to life. He rolls his eyes at me.  "No....so they walk around the house." he laments. That's all I need, a 7 foot tall stick figure with 8 arms and no face rummaging through my cabinets for food.

He will also build things with Legos or Knex or Magnetix. He's usually creating something that makes something. Like a machine that will make pets for us to raise. Or a contraption that will keep his feet warm.  I saw him the other night building this long arrow shaped thing. I asked him what it was. He said, "A harpoon. I'm going to catch a whale!"

On rare occasions, when "closing my eyes is not my specialty" he'll remind me, we get the Interpretive Dance. I must make note that the shushing I do is to keep the volume down in the apartment. My neighbors are not ambassadors to the arts and do not appreciate the genius that is my son, so sometimes I have to squelch the noise factor.

For your viewing pleasure, I give you, Spontaneous Dancing Legs


3 comments:

  1. We should all be as spontaneous and joyful as Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to always be as spirited and creative as he is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome...........

    ReplyDelete