Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oh My God! I did it!


photo by Kris McElman

We have a blog! Whoohoo!

Hello world! I am pretty darn proud of myself because I actually got this out on the day I said I would! It's not pretty, it's not perfect. It's raw and unfinished, but that's kind of what life is like here.

My name is Amy and the boy is my son, Nathan. Nathan has Asperger's Syndrome, a type of high functioning autism. The goal and inspiration of this is to let parents and caregivers know that there are not alone on this road we travel. Autism is HARD. Asperger's is HARD. I won't lie. But you know, I wouldn't change it for anything. I love him just the way he is. His awesome spirit and excitement bring me unspeakable joy. And the occasional grey hair. :)


More to come! Welcome aboard!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! I was just watching the video of your son dancing and thinking, "he dances and sounds a lot like my Aspie son," when my husband came into the room asking, "what was that? Is David out of bed?" LOL!

    ReplyDelete