Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Do You Blue? 4/12/2010


We'll call it Blue Monday, because Nathan is always blue because he has to do a writing assignment on this day. Which is ironic, because he's writing all day long. I do not get the child's logic. 
Mondays are usually exhausting, as I'm usually running around like crazy trying to remember if packed Nathan's lunch box and trying to look presentable before I leave the house. We almost always leave late on Mondays, which I can't stand. I try my hardest but I threw my hands up into the air and into the Universe and said, "Eh, what can I do?"



We had a repeat of the post therapy homework debacle. It was past 7 PM when we got to the table and he was fidgety and feigning scared. I was mad at myself for letting it happen, but I acknowledged the problem and offered a solution. We said that homework is to be done neatly and quickly, which it was. We also did some multiplication without prompting. 


So the zombie/gun debacle raised it's ugly head again. I figured out what I don't like.

Zombies: Once were human. I know it's a long shot, but man, it's hard not to picture these creatures as prior functioning in society type folks. Hence when you shoot them with guns, it's like you're shooting your own kind. Granted, this kind wants to eat your FACE. Mom's not a fan of shooting your Aunt Mabel in the face, even if she's gnawing on your ankle. And there's BLOOD, and death, and grimness.  There is too much potential reality here. If there was a zombie apocalypse, this would be the training video.



Creatures: Not human. Sometimes comical (like in Doom II which we play) in nature and in function. (Hello Imps that look like Voldemort.) They die in a quick almost hysterical way and their bodies disappear. They also shed minimal blood, unless you use a chain saw, and even then, it's still not a lot. 


So, to sum up:


Zombies = Previously Human + Guns = Bad


Silly Creatures = Not remotely human + Guns = No so bad


Yes, I've rationalized zombies and Pinky Demons for the win.




Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Now, that is logic I can follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meghan: LOL! It took me a while to figure out what was really bothering me. But yes, even zombies have rights, too.

    ReplyDelete