Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Do You Blue? 4/17/2010


I pulled my back (not sure when) and my doctor prescribed some Motrin and Flexeril, which is a muscle relaxer. I have been taking it at night, so that I don't drive into a tree. I got home from doing errands and decided to take them both. 


I woke up 4 HOURS LATER. I'm puffy in the face and I'm granky (groggy & cranky). He wanted me to take the Flexeril every 8 hours. I suppose in clinical terms, it makes sense. In the functioning world, where I have to be CONSCIOUS and ALERT, not so much. It dries me out and makes my voice sound like Linda Hunt. And it doesn't seem to be making a dent in my pain, which has not increased or decreased. This frustrates me a little, because I'm not supposed to do any heavy lifting, which puts a damper on my moving efforts. *shakes fist*

I worked with the kids at the ARC today, and one of my boys showed up in full Scottish regalia: Kilt, sash, and tam. I told him he looked sharp and that I liked his tam.  "It's a tamoshanter." he corrected. Another boy came up to him and asked, "Why are you wearing a man-skirt?"  He said, "It's a kilt, not a man-skirt."

As we played a board game, one of my kids thumped my cheek like a cantaloupe  to get my attention. I was taken aback by it, as it really hurt, so the surprise on my face was pretty apparent. I didn't want him to feel shameful that he flicked me, because he wasn't trying to hurt me and was only trying to tell me it was my turn.  I think my "MOM" face appeared when I said softly but firmly, "Ex-CUSE me?" He immediately blushed and said, "I'm sorry." He knew then what he had done wrong. I asked him when he wanted my attention to please tap me on the shoulder, and not flick my cheek.

And that's the truth...



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment