Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Do You Blue? 4/5/2010


Can you see it? The tiny little blue heart? It's something one of my kids made for me. I'm also sporting my Duran Duran T shirt, because I heart them. 5 years ago today, I was hanging out with this guy:


That's me with Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran. I waited....*counts fingers* over 20 years to meet them in person and here I am, 5 years ago, a little thinner... I can say with some truth that Duran Duran saved my life, but that's for another day.

In other news, here's what we saw on the way to school:

 
Yep. Turkeys. 5 of them. We saw 3 of them on Friday blocking the way and this morning, their gang has grown to five. 3 males and 2 females, I think. They are MEAN! They went straight for my car not unlike a bull goes for a red cape waved in front of his eyes. Tomorrow I'll probably have to be initiated into their cadre.


Nathan did pretty well for a Monday. He dislikes Mondays due to the writing aspect, but he wrote 6 sentences instead of 4, which was all his doing. I notice on Mondays that we don't go to therapy that he's harder to get off electronics. I think the extra time really does a number on him. We talked about limiting his time to smaller chunks instead of a huge block. 

We also had bath time, which he LOATHES, but is getting more tolerant of it. As I was getting him dry, I saw his thumbs were gnawed to shreds. He's like his mother in his anxiety, he picks at them. I just claw the inside corner of my thumb with my index finger. Nathan literally chews his skin off. Yikes! 
In my travels, I saw this and said, "Yes, yes, that makes sense!" He fidgets and chews when he's trying to concentrate on something, why not give him an aid that doesn't promote cannibalism? I think we're going to give them a try and then post about how we do. 


I got something in the mail today, too, but I can't talk about it just yet...I'll keep you all posted.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment