Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Big Thank You from the Ninja


9,000 clicks on this little blog? Wow, I am seriously blown away. I never even thought that I would be saying that. I mean, at least 10% of it is me refreshing when I update (LOL!) but the other 90%? That's you. That's the universe chiming in.

I have always considered you readers, not fans, and I respect what you have to say and what you have to contribute. I do my best to respond to all emails and comments, as that is pretty important to me. YOU took the time to come to my blog. YOU took the time to read my words and YOU took the time to respond.

I looked at Thinking Person's Guide to Autism the other day and saw that I'm under their list of parenting blogs. Like Keanu Reeves said in the Matrix, "WHOA!" Parenting guide? ME? For REAL?

I mean, I'm just me. I'm just a single mom struggling like everyone else. I juggle about 65 different objects, hoping to God they all stay up. I raise my voice. I let Nathan have breakfast for dinner. I forget to take out the trash. I don't update as much as I should. I don't get enough sleep. I have times where I curl up in a ball with my stuffed bear, Ted, (I've had Ted since I was 15) and whisper to him all the troubles I'm having. I eat Little Debbie Snack Cakes when I'm stressed. I creatively curse in the car.

I am unabashedly and shamelessly imperfect and I like it that way. That's who I am and who I will always be. I am the Queen of Quirk in my circle and I thank you all for joining in our circus of the delightfully crazy. 

In October, I will celebrate my 1st anniversary here (Hurray!) and I'm planning some (hopefully) super cool unicorn amazing stuff. I want you all to be a part of it.

If you had said to me a year ago I would be a syndicated blogger and I would have published articles and have interviewed Shonda Schilling I probably would have punched you in the arm and said, "Get outta TOWN!"

Funny how things happen. :) I will continue to work and provide you thought provoking but also entertaining and (I think) unique content. I welcome your comments and questions. I sincerely thank you all for being a part of our world. 

9 comments:

  1. Half of your 9,000 clicks are from me. JK!

    Proud of you!!!

    Love,
    Ann (aka lil momma kux)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am unabashedly and shamelessly imperfect ..."
    I think that's one of your strongest attributes, as a blogger. You're not writing from some theoretical place in a research institute, or speaking to people about parenting as a semi-celebrity who clearly has enough money to hire whatever help she needs for her child. You're writing from the front lines, on the ground, with the successes and failures given equal respect as potential learning experiences. You help parents to realize they don't have to be perfect to raise a child with autism successfully. They don't have to meet every crisis the right way every time, or have unshakeable faith that they're up to the task. They just need to try their best, forgive themselves when they're not at their best, and keep their love for their child at the center of everything they do.
    You are an icon of imperfection, and an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Hello, my name is Brenda and I am an imperfect mom, too! My house is not clean, the fridge desperately needs to be cleaned up, the car is a mess. That's why we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It is the flaws and quirks that make art unique and endearing. It is in the act of putting yourself out there for others that makes growth possible. It is in the giving of yourself that you receive love. All that you do circles around and, eventually, the blessing is the recognition that you are making a difference to others.

    Keep plugging and we will keep the circle going with you, craziness and all.

    Gilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kux: You kill me, seriously! Guess it's only the two of us. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @stephmdsc: Wow, you honor me with your amazing words. I want to share what I know and be honest with what I don't know. I didn't set out for this life, but I can't see myself not doing this now. You make me feel like I can continue on my road of imperfection with wild abandon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Brenda: Hello, Brenda! Welcome to Imperfection! You are most heartily welcome here! If we were all perfect Stepford Wives, I'd fear a psychotic episode soon to follow. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Gilda: Thank you for being one of the first people spinning within my imperfect orbit. Your star shines bright, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You put the cool in ninja Amy!

    Caitlin
    www.welcome-to-normal.com

    ReplyDelete